Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Nursery-Work in Progress

We still have a long way to go to get Baby Girl's room ready for her, but I thought I'd share the first stages.
 
 
I wanted a bed for this room for an easy place to crash during all those sleepless nights.  It'll also come in handy for an extra place to sleep when my family comes to visit!
 
Remember that bunting?  It's from our wedding.  I took out the cream and brown colors and replaced them with aqua blue to better match the room.  I think I'll put 3 larger frames across the top of it and put some of her baby pictures in them when we get them made.


We bought the bed used from one of Justin's co-workers.  It started out as a captains bed, but Justin was able to build a back for it to turn it into a daybed.  I've got fabric to make pillow shams and throw pillows that will go along the back to make it a little prettier.  I'll be sure to update when I get them made!
 
 
The nursery colors are going to be shades of pink, aqua blue, and green with a bird theme.  I found this wall decal from Modernwalls on Etsy and fell in love!  They were so easy to work with and even downside the decal to fit our space, and even charged me less too!

Here's what it looks like with the crib in front.  Love, love, love.  We just got the bedding in, so I'll be updating with pictures soon when we get it all washed up and put on the bed.
 
More updates to come as we get the room finished out!
 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...