Sunday, March 27, 2011

Try a Little Craftiness

I've really been trying to be creative and thrifty when it comes to decorating the house.  I really enjoy making things...cakes, meals, crafts...anything. After finishing a project, it makes me feel so accomplished.  Especially if I finish it successfully!

 I came across this wall decor at Hobby Lobby the other day.  While our last name doesn't start with a "U", I grabbed this sucker up because it was only $2 (regular price like $12 or something)!  I instantly thought, "how can I make this work for our house?"  So I bought some cool scrapbooking paper.... 


And cut a square to fit inside the frame so that the "U" was covered up....



I taped the paper onto the glass and hung it on the wall in our bedroom...


Then added this cute little "love story" frame that we got as a shower gift next to it.  It looks so lovely in our bedroom!  I wish I could show you the rest of the room, but not until after the housewarming, which is coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...