Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days of Thanks, Week 2

It's week 2 of November-what are you thankful for?


I'm thankful for my mama and my daddy.  The choices that they have made, the way they raised me and my sisters and how they are still there for me.  I'm thankful that my mama taught me to show love through the home-cooking, eating meals at the table, hanging out in the kitchen.  The kitchen is the room in my house, in any house, that I feel the most comfortable. I'm thankful that she always cleaned the house before we went on trips.  That has rubbed off on me.  Now I do it because "I like to come home to a clean house."  Ha.  I'm thankful for all those times that my daddy made me do man work with him.  It taught me a strong work ethic and makes me want to do things for myself.  I'm thankful for those times he made me change flat tires, check my oil, figure out why my battery was dead....the list could go on.  It's made me independent.  It's made me be able to figure out those man jobs when men aren't around.  Em, remember the pear incident and how I took apart my sink pipes to clean out the garbage disposal?  If my dad would have done everything for me like I wanted him to growing up, I wouldn't have that story.  I was sucessful in cleaning out the pear core and unclogging the pipes, by the way!






Those families up there-they are my in-laws.  I am so thankful that I married in to such a big and wonderful family!  Family is the most important thing in my life.  I come from a big one and appropriately married in to a big one!  They all support one another and are so proud of each other.  I really feel fortunate that our children will be able to grow up with parents who are each close to their families and even more important that each set  of their grandparents are still together and still in love and supporting one another. 


I'm so thankful for all the wonderful people in my life that I call a friend. You laugh with me during the good times, and provide an ear to listen to me or a shoulder to cry on in the hard times.  I hope that I am as a good of a friend to you as you are to me!


This is the building that I work in at UNT!
 via 
I'm very thankful that I have a job.  I may complain about it a lot, but I feel very lucky to go to work every day so that I can help support my family.
Until next week friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...