Friday, December 23, 2011

DIY Ornaments

I have been making homemade gifts like crazy! And it has been so much fun!  I believe that it's better to give than receive.  So that's why I decided to give myself this ornament ;-)  In the middle of making gifts for others, I made a little time for myself and made an ornament of my own.


I don't have a tutorial for you today, but  you can check out this tutorial when I mod podge a picture frame and follow the same principle.  I just mod podged left over wrapping paper to an "H" chipboard, painted the sides and the back, and distressed the edges.  Then I wrapped twine around the top so that it could hang from the tree.  Isn't it lovely?!

I also made something special for someone else.





If your name is GRACE HARMON then stop reading now or your will ruin your Christmas.




If you read any further it'll be like sneaking into the living room when you were a kid and cutting the tape on the presents under the tree, carefully unwrapping the paper, and taking a peek into the boxes to see what awaits inside.  I did that one year and Christmas morning stunk for me.  There was no eager anticipation to see what I got, because I already knew.






So you gone now, Gracie?
I hope so 'cause here we go....
















 Grace is my sister-in-law and just married into the family in October.  I made her this sheet music ornament for one of her Christmas gifts.  Decor made with sheet music is super popular right now.


 At first sight, it doesn't seem all that special.


But it's the lyrics on the sheet music that really make it unique.
"Wondering where would I be without you in my life"



 "But you brighten up for me all of my days"


 
Can anyone guess the song?



 "How sweet it is to be loved by you"

And it was Grace and Jason's first dance song at their wedding.



 I love this so much it makes my heart hurt.  

I'll be making one for Justin and I to hang on our family tree.

I cannot wait to give this to Grace!  I hope she loves it as much as I do!

If you'd like to see my inspiration for this ornament, check out my Pinterest pins here, here and here

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...