Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our New Nativity Scene

My first nativity scene was given to me by my grandma.  You can see it here.  I still have it and put it out on the coffee table again this year.  I also have a small nativity scene from Kirklands.  It's been really handy the last few years.  It looks a lot like my mama's, only on a tinier scale.  That's why I bought it.  The one my mama has was her grandma's so when I look at mine, it reminds me of Christmases back home.  It's perfect for a small apartment, but being in the house this year has really made me want a bigger nativity scene.  I wanted something special, like my mama's. I remember her getting it out every year and putting it on the back of the piano.  It just didn't really feel like Christmas until she got it down from the closet.  I was sort of feeling the same way this year.  I love the Willow Tree figurines and knew they made one so I thought I'd check it out.


The Christmas Story 

Willow Tree actually has 2 different sets and they are both equally amazing.  
Nativity  

But they are EXPENSIVE.  So I was out of luck.  There was no way we could afford any of it.  Not one tiny piece. 
 And then I found this at Kohls.  And I was in love.  What was even better was the price-$30.  We could totally do $30.  So I brought it home.
 
 

 Ok, so I know the tree doesn't go with the nativity scene, but I needed something to go in that corner and it's cute!  It goes with the burlap nicely. 



 "We three kings of orient are..."
Love that song.


  One thing that this set has that Willow Tree does not are these inscriptions on all the dark parts of each figurine.  Can you tell what it is?


That's right...it's the lyrics to "Silent Night."

Get the free printable here

 And that makes me love it just that much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...