Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Distressed Vase

This was my first DIY project.  I loved this wooden vase.  I loved the hydrangeas.  I loved the hydrangeas in the vase.  I loved the hydrangeas in the vase on this dresser.  They were perfect for the guest bedroom.  I didn't love the brown on brown  of the vase against the dresser.


So, I decided to paint it.  I roughed it up a bit with sand paper so that the paint would stick.  I primed it and then used spray paint to color it a nice creamy color.  After the paint was dry, I used sand paper to make the distress marks so it would have that old rustic feel that I love so much.  After I was done distressing, I put the hydrangeas back in and it looked so pretty!



I really love the way it turned out!  The cream color looks great with the dresser.  And the distressing gives it that antique feel that goes great with the family heirloom accent pieces that I have around it.  The jewelry box was my grandma's, the perfume bottle was my mama's, the compact was my great grandma's (and it even has powder still in it!) and the harmonica was given to me by my sister last year for Christmas, well because it has my last name in it.  We now call it the HARMON-ica.  Ha ha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...