Monday, August 29, 2011

All in the Family

Remember my sister, Em?  I made the scrapbook paper wall plaques for her new apartment as a little house warming present.  Well, it turns out that she has a creative side too!  And she's even better than me!  Where I mostly use other's ideas for my inspiration, she's actually used her noggin to completely design and create her own diy home decor.  This is perfect for college students who are trying to decorate their dorm rooms or those moving into their first apartment and don't have a big budget for decorating.  I'm so excited to be able to feature her project!

Here's what she made!  Isn't it cute!  She used the  tops off of old shoe boxes to make this super cool, modern wall display.  Canvas is pricey, and if you are anything like my sister and love shoes, you have TONS of shoe boxes in your closet  just waiting for you to create something beautiful.


 She took her box tops and painted them these pretty, bright colors to match her bedroom.



 She found a spool of thread to use as a template to draw her circles.


Then she traced her lines.


And then she finger painted her design!  She is so smart :) I bet this entire project cost her less than $3 because all she had to buy was the paint.  Am I right, Em?


And now she has something totally fabulous to hang above her bed!

Good job Em!  I can't wait to see what you make next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...