Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Long Time, No See Friends


And I have a good reason.  I had my wisdom teeth out last Thursday.  Here I am trying to eat soupy mashed potatoes with my mouth still numb and a ice pack wrapped around my head.  Boy, do I look pretty (looking at myself reminds me that I really need to dye my hair).  Thanks goodness I have a sweet, sweet husband who wiped the potatoes from my lips and face when they lingered there too long.  I couldn't feel anything, so how was I supposed to know they got left behind?  My sweet, sweet husband waited on me hand and foot the entire weekend and even brewed excellent cups of coffee for me.  And you know me, I'm very particular about my coffee ;)

I thought I'd be way down the recovery road by now, but I'm still having sporadic pain throughout my entire head/face/jaw.  I'm hoping it's not dry socket.  I go to the dentist for my post-op check up tomorrow so if you're the praying kind, I'd appreciate prayers concerning my healing, my appointment tomorrow, and maybe you could ask Him to also cut me a little slack in the pain department too?  And while your at it, ask if He could take out the calories from all the ice cream I ate over the weekend.  It sure did make my mouth feel good, but it's not gonna make my butt look good.  :-/


1 comment:

  1. Oh, no! I hope you feel much better very soon! And yes, I was beginning to wonder where you were! I've missed you on pinterest! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...