Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

Over the Labor Day weekend, we had a cold front come through in Texas and we had about a 15 to 20 degree drop in temperature.  It was much needed!  We have been suffering through a very long, very hot summer so we welcomed the cooler air!  It inspired me to start decorating for fall.  It is September, after all...time for pumpkins, scarecrows, orange and red leaves, and anything that makes you feel comfy.  I went to dollar tree over the weekend and picked up some supplies to make a fall door hanger.




I intended to hang it outside, but I think that it dresses up our coat closet quite nicely!

Here's a closer, brighter look.  I used 4 bunches of glitter, fall leaves, 2 bunches of cattails, floral styrofoam, and a hanging basket for a total cost of $8.  It sure does beat a $30 wreath from Michael's!  This week I'll be dragging out all the fall decor down from the attic!  I can't wait to show you how lovely our home will be decorated for the fall!

Linking to:

all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {9/6}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...