Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Wall Shelf

Do you ever make something,change your decorations in your house, or decorate for the holidays and feel like something isn't quite right?  Like something is just a little off?


That's exactly how I felt when I decorated our wall shelf in fall decor.  I liked everything on the shelf, but it just felt like there was something missing. 

 So I got to googling, and checking out Pintrest boards and finally realized that I needed something on the wall behind the shelf to tie it all in.  Boy, did that make a difference!


 Every time I go to my parents', I dig around in their junk piles and their garage sale stash.  I find some really great stuff for myself that they are just wanting to get rid of.  That pumpkin frame had an picture of an angel face in it and it was destined for a garage sale.  I took the glass out, added the burlap and the pumpkin and had me some new fall wall art!

There's another jute wrapped bottle from one of my bestie's weddings! 


I love this wooden pumpkin.  My mother-in-law gave it to me when she was getting ready to move a couple of years ago. 


This cutie was a free printable from Smile Like You Mean It.
  

I love the corn!


What a difference a couple of pictures make!  I think that this shelf is my favorite thing about my house right now.  I hope I can make it look as good for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...