Friday, June 10, 2011

Fab Find Friday-Papasan Chair

 I've been wanting a papasan chair for some time. Don't ask me why.  I just woke up one day and decided that these were the most comfortable chairs in the world.  It's perfect to curl up in and read a book.  I was constantly telling Justin how I'd really love to have one outside one day, under a covered porch, so I could drink my coffee and read in it on Saturday mornings (that has been my regular Saturday morning routine since Molly came into my life and has dragged me out of bed no later than 9 am.  And y'all know I'm not a morning person!)



Papasan Chair & Frame - Brown
Pier One
So after we bought the house and had a little more room, I decided that I'd price them, just to get an idea.  This one at Pier One is $140.  WOWZA!  Too much for me, thank you!  I guess I'd just do without.  
frowny face>>>>>    :-(

  But then, I decided to go garage sale shopping one weekend.  I saw it there on the lawn and the lady said "Make me an offer, hon."  I instantly thought, "eh, I don't want to pay more than $10."  So I mulled around trying to decided if I was gonna get it.  I kept going back to the words of my baby sister "Jordan, is this a need or a want."  Ok!  I get it. No papasan chair for me.  Frowny face AGAIN>>>>>>>  :-(  And then the lady said "Hon, are you going to take this?"  Me-"Oh, I don't know."  Lady-"Let me make you a deal.  Give me $10 and it's yours."  So I brought it home.  SMILEY FACE!!!!! :-)  It's in great condition and the cushion goes perfect in the living room (pictures of the living room coming really soon, I promise!).  I have it in my craft room right now, but when and if it needs to be moved, it'll fit really any where in the house.  Perfect!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...