Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Formal Livingroom/ Office

I'm slowly but surely getting the pictures up of the rest of our house to show our family and friends who weren't able to make the party back in April.  Sorry for such the long delay!  Those moments where the house is spotless clean free of clutter are far and few between!  If you missed the post where I showed off our bedroom you can find it here. 

Ok, so here is the the room before we moved in.  Empty, with no life.


And here's the room today...



This room is no where near what I have planned for it, but it's looking better.  Justin's parent's gave us the settee and it has really made this room come together.  I want to get a bigger, prettier bookcase for the corner and a little antique table to replace the plant.




And here is the other side of the room.  Bleh.  Ugly, I know, but I'm working on it.  Because Justin's game room is where the study would normally be, we are doubling the formal living as an office.  I bought a cute little desk that I will be refinishing to replace the one that we have now.  We need a nicer shelving unit in that back corner...you know just something that looks a little nicer.  I was really thinking of finding something like a small chest of drawers to put there and using it hide all the office supplies.  And that filing cabinet needs to be replaced with one that looks nicer.  I'd really just like to repurpose something and convert it to a filing cabinet...maybe the bottom drawer on the chest perhaps?



So, I think that the room has lost some of it's elegance, but it's a work in progress.  I'll keep you updated as it changes and starts looking a little better!  Oh yeah, and we took down the light and added a ceiling fan (which was free by the way).  It takes away from the beauty of the room, but we live in Texas y'all and it gets hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...